Monday, December 18, 2017

IT'S BEGINNING TO SMELL A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS


I had an idea this year that seems to be working out well.  What could be better than sniffing yummy Christmas-y smells when you walk into the house?  I wanted my guys to be hit with goodness when they come home from work.

Here is a method for inexpensive, non-toxic air freshener.  I've done it before, but this time I tried to find out how LITTLE it would take to work, and I found out that it takes very little indeed.



RECIPE FOR CHRISTMAS AIR REFRESHMENT
1/8 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 apple core (or apple or lemon or orange peels)
4 C. water

Put this in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and let simmer without a lid.  Begin cooking it 15 minutes before guests arrive, and perhaps 5-10 minutes after.

The amazing thing is that this can be used over and over again.  For the past 5 days, I have just kept adding water (and perhaps throwing in some more peels when they become available) and boiling it some more.  If you are worried that it will spoil, keep it in the refrigerator; at this point, if mine spoils, I still got a lot of use out of it and I'll not regret the loss.

Dear Friend, 
Do not let it burn dry.  Then it doesn't smell very good.  
Signed, An Experienced User



No comments:

Post a Comment