Thursday, December 18, 2008

NOT SAYIN'

I had a short but interesting conversation with my dad today.  When I called, their answering machine started to pick up the call, but my dad quickly picked up the phone then, and we began to talk.  He was out in the farm shed and told me that Mom had called a few minutes ago to say she was headed home, and that she would bring lunch with her.

The subject quickly turned to my dad's concern:  what should he buy for my mother's Christmas present?  He had no idea, and now it's only a week until Christmas....

Knowing how easy it is to spend someone else's money, I readily came up with a couple of great ideas!   (I will not be specific here, on the off chance that "someone" from my family will read this blog)

We were happily into details, brand names, and plans when we heard this sound:  beeeeeeeeeep.  It was the answering machine, which had been recording our entire conversation!  And quite frankly, it could be quite possible that my mom had arrived home and had been gleefully sitting in the kitchen listening to every word we uttered!

"DAD!"  I said, "That was the answering machine!  It recorded everything we said!"

"ACK!" he replied.  "I gotta go to the house!"  Click.  And THAT was the end of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment