Wednesday, October 17, 2007

ABOUT ME

Hi, my name is: thechickadeefeeder

But you can call me: Eppie (which is not my real name, either!).

My school is: Laughing Brook Academy (homeschool), named after the Laughing Brook in the Thornton Burgess stories, such as Paddy the Beaver which I had to read aloud a million times when my oldest was 5.    

I once wrote a silly cheerleading song for our school, which is good for getting a rise out of the
guys who live here, but it wasn’t appreciated!
 

When I’m nervous: I am irritable.

The last song I listened to was: a waltz done on piano by Ellen Gozion (a CD called On a Lark)

My hair is: blonde/brown with bits of white-silver.

When I was 4: we moved a mile down the road to our first farm of 50 acres.

Last Christmas: my elderly mother-in-law, not understanding the conversation was about having children, said in a very loud voice to our nephew’s fiancé:  I’m sure you’ve both been VERY busy.

I should be: eating my breakfast apple.

When I look down I see: the booklet I wrote called So We’re Going to Compete?  All You Need to
Know About Speech Tournaments in the NCFCA  (a homeschool speech competition
league).

By this time next year: my older son will have been to Tunisia and back. 

I have a hard time understanding: math, any math.

There’s this girl: who wrote a book called Sick Girl, about what it’s like to have a heart transplant. 
Her book was excerpted in U.S. News & World Report this week.  I am thinking of her today.

I want to buy: a vacuum cleaner just like my mom’s, which I recently became acquainted with while helping her after knee replacement surgery.  It’s one of the “higher end” Kenmore/Sears canisters.  It is awesome!

If you spent the night at my house: I would have a lot of tidying up to do, first.

Most recent thing I’ve bought myself: a blouse at the thrift store.  Of course, it needs
hemmed, because I’m so short-waisted.  My friends call the Salvation Army thrift store here in town Sally Ann’s.  The one in a town further south we call Hess Brothers.  “Where did you get that
wonderful suit?”  “Oh, I bought it at Hess Brothers.”

Most recent thing someone else bought me: a bag of candy to use as prizes for speech class.

My middle name is: Elaine.  When I was in 2nd grade, I started signing my name with this, trying to
get the teacher to call me by my middle name.  But it didn’t wash.

In the morning I: do a routine that I learned how to do from The FlyLady:  1) wind the cuckoo clock  2)  look outdoors at the woods  3) drink a glass of water 4) do the allergy routine 5)  eat apple while going through email.  ETC.

Last night I was: preparing another lesson for my beginning speech students (high school level) in our homeschool speech club of 70 students.

If I was an animal for a day I’d be: either a cat (how nice to laze around for the day!) or a bird (because I would love to fly).

A better name for me would be: Overweight.

Tomorrow I am: going to go shopping while my Younger Son volunteers at the library, and then visit my mother-in-law at the assisted living center.

Tonight I am: hopefully going to continue sewing on costumes for our Pemberley Promenade.

Please feel free to copy this and insert your own answers so we can learn more about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment