Wednesday, December 14, 2016

TO MEDITATE UPON


A while back, my blogging friend who is now a friend "in person" told me her daughter (who attends a special ed school) used this phrase to witness to co-workers:

JESUS, He's a good God.

It has stuck with me for a long time, and for an even longer time, I've wished I could put it in a form where one could see it every day.  It's my first attempt at putting a quotation onto a block of wood.

I did it in just about the most old-fashioned way possible, and it turned out "okay."  I did not have a cricut machine nor any vinyl letters.  In the end, I couldn't even find my carbon paper!  I used a pencil to shade the backside of the letter page so I could trace them onto the wood, and then did the white painting free-hand.



My friend's package arrived just in time to cheer her while she recuperates from an unexpected accident! Now I need to make one for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment