Sunday, August 18, 2013

SEASIDE CURE


I just got home from a "seaside cure" at Harvey Cedars Bible Conference, on Long Beach Island off the coast of New Jersey.


 
We went there for many years when our children were small, but as the boys gathered more Important Commitments that steered our vacation away to speech tournaments, Great Britain, and Disney World, we sadly put Harvey Cedars on the back burner.  

Last week, I was able to travel there with my friends and spend a week at my favorite of all places: it felt just like coming home, with great joy.




I slept in the old Victorian Hotel



Ate great meals in the cafeteria



Met new friends



Heard fantastic speakers at chapel


Spent the afternoons at the beach (undergoing renovation since the hurricane)



Took a boat trip past Barnegat Light



And got plenty of spiritual, emotional, and physical rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment