Saturday, February 23, 2013

THE SUPPORT OF FRIENDS

Update:  Because of my "triple negative" breast cancer diagnosis, I will need radiation therapy even though I've already done chemo and mastectomy.  Radiation should start in a week or so, continuing every day till May.

Tomorrow I'm going to church, for the first time in a very long time.  This morning I began to be worried about remembering who sent me a card (that I might thank them when we meet), but then I realized that every single family sent me a card or a gift or a meal.

Everyone.

Isn't.  That.  Amazing.

And how incredibly encouraging, overwhelming, and encouraging that is, too.

I've kept every card. 



The WORDS on the outside and inside are what counts.  Things like:

*  Thinking of you and lifting you up to our loving Father.
*  I think about you a lot.
*  Hugs.
*  I am sitting here thinking of you today.
*  Your testimony of peace and trust in Our Loving Savior is a blessing to all of us.
*  I know God is with you every step of your cancer journey.
*  "I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." 
       ~Isaiah 49

*  You're in my prayers. 
       You're in my prayers.
          You're in my prayers.

*  Thinking of you.
       Thinking of you.
          Thinking of you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have the support of your church family. It is amazing how people come together in a time of need. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww . . . that is so cool!  And it reminds me to remember others, too, who can use the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old Xanga account is so rusty I don't even know what's in it!  The photo is from 2008 or so, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an encouragement!  Sometimes church families can be the least aware of what is going on.  I am so glad yours cares.

    ReplyDelete