Tuesday, November 2, 2010

OKEE-DOKEE

Yesterday I decided to answer the telephone, even though mostly I had been letting the robot on my answering machine talk to the robots who were calling to talk about politics.

It was a real person!

She asked to speak with Younger Son, but he was not at home and I asked if I could take a message.

Thus began the political spiel:  "Well, I just wanted to urge everyone in your household to go to the polls tomorrow and vote Republican.  The Republican candidates are....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

When she finally finished, I SAID:

"Okay."

There was stunned silence on the other end of the phone.  I guess the poor lady had never gotten such a reply before!  "Oh, well, um, all right.  Thank you....very much!"

And I did.  I hope you did too.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Tom Corbett called Glenn the other day, his recording actually using Glenn's name!  I wonder how many names he had to say to get in the recording!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and BTW... this popped up with a Pat Toomey ad in the sidebar.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. For some reason, we only got one call. I think Devastatingly Handsome was actually a bit disappointed about it.

    ReplyDelete